Sunday, January 17, 2010

Color Me Confused

300.8/105

This was not what I expected to see this morning. Not complaining, just not expected. Had a bigger breakfast and not as many fruits and veggies throughout the day. Then, for dinner, Julie's 'rents came over so we could make a meal for my mother-in-law's birthday. I brined a couple of chickens, made garlic smashed red-skinned potatoes and corn. Basic meal, but very tasty. I fell back into the habit of eating too quickly. Before I knew it, the over-sized chicken breast and my servings of potatoes and corn were gone. I looked at everyone else's plates to see their meals only half finished. I still had hunger going and was really ready to dig into more of what appeared was going to be a large amount of leftovers. I set down my utensils and waited. Julie noticed that I was sitting there not eating and not taking anymore and asked what was wrong. I replied, "Nothing, I'm just waiting." She immediately caught what I was saying and knew I was waiting to see if my satisfied trigger was going to trip. A few minutes more and it did. I started to clean up as we all chatted and then faced dessert head-on. Julie had gone to the little local Italian bakery and picked up three larger than life eclairs - which are some of the best around - and one piece of tiramisu. I had my smallish piece of one of my favorite things. I decided when I started this that I wasn't going to deny myself things, but rather, be much smarter about things. I guess that's what made the difference, but after the larger than needed intake yesterday I thought that surely I'd be up a bit.

Eat right,

Big Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment